GT Shareholders Gretchen A. Ramos and Darren Abernethy will lead a webinar hosted by the Association of Corporate Counsel titled “Website and Mobile App Compliance Under the CPRA and New State Privacy Laws Effective in 2023” Oct. 6 at 11 a.m. PDT.
Starting Jan. 1, 2023, the California Privacy Rights Act and the CPRA amendments to the CCPA regulations will usher in numerous operational impacts for businesses located inside and outside California. Moreover, throughout 2023, state consumer privacy laws will be coming online in Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, Virginia, and potentially elsewhere.
This one-hour, CLE-eligible webinar will provide a practical overview of the major changes these laws will bring on and how legal and compliance teams will need to prepare to stay on the right side of new consumer and employee privacy rights. The webinar will emphasize the potential changes to websites and mobile applications. Topics will include:
- Implementation of consumer opt-out mechanisms for “selling,” “sharing,” and limiting the use of “sensitive personal information”
- Honoring browser-based global privacy controls and related technical standards
- Updates needed as a result of employee and B2B personal information moving within the scope of the CPRA
- Opt-in requirements and considerations around “children’s” personal information
- Real-world approaches to timely honoring consumers’ privacy rights requests, from portability to access to deletion